3.6.11

Ramirez

on Main Street about a block west of Broulims

Ramirez is unique in that it’s one of the few establishments in town that doesn’t close at 10. Rumor has it it’s open until 2 or 3 am, although I’ve yet to test it personally, and the one dude I know who tried said it was closed. All I care about is that it’s open until Midnight when I go home. After that, I really don’t care. Ramirez serves an excellent tex-mex meal. You can get chimichangas, steak, horchata, anything really – if you think of it as Mexican food, they have it. I’ve eaten a variety, and have no complaints. The carne asada is excellently prepared. Their salsas are flavorful and pack a bite. Their rolled tacos were my only disappointment since they consisted of mostly tortilla, with very little filling. Everything on the menu is good. They have horchata to drink (a fantastic rice milk with cinnamon) and even Jamaica (not the island – it’s pronounced Ha-mai-ca) if you want something new. It’s a juice made from hibiscus flower, and is kind of like cranberry juice, without the extra sugar. I like it. They are a little pricy, and their pastor isn’t up to the quality of the Taqueria El Rancho, but I recommend Ramirez if you’re looking for a late night (or even middle of the day) meal. Dang good. They might even be in my top 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment