3.6.11

Nipa Hut

Located across the street from Horkley's, near Porter Park

The Nipa Hut is something new. It's a Filipino food shack, named for the regional palm frond. The shack is brightly colored, and joy of joy! they give out free samples. I was super excited when I went over. We pretty much ordered one of everything. A popular food is their Adobo, which is a marinated meat - I believe they used chicken. It was slightly tangy, and the flavor was subtle. They also had marinated chicken, which tasted a little like teriyaki, but really good teriyaki. I mean really good. Get their marinated chicken - that's an order. And while you're at it, they have lumpia. Lumpia always makes me happy. It's like a fried spring roll, and when you get it it also comes with a sauce that is sweet, sour, and spicy rolled into one, and it's to die for. I would finish it off with a spoon. And, as a way to make the food go further, they would also include rice. Rice is always good. The service is quick, the wait is short, and if you speak Tagalog you're in good company. When it's sunny outside, you should eat something tropical-ish. Filipino food is tropical-ish. And I haven't met a single person who went to the Nipa Hut and regretted it. Could this new player make it into my top 10? They just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment