8.6.11

Big Jud's Country Diner

In Archer, off Archer road 411 West 7800

American’s love food and American’s love to compete. Big Jud’s sort of gives us both all at once. Famous for their 1 lb burger (think a fat patty the slightly larger than a dinner plate with all the toppings), the challenge is to eat the whole thing. There isn’t a time limit, and you still have to pay for it (it’s not cheap - $12-ish), but you still get your picture on the wall and eternal glory. New ward members will tell me that they saw me on the wall. I’ve eaten it twice. I’ll never do it again (my poor arteries) but I have done it and encourage any brave eater to try it out because it’s totally worth it. If you don’t want to binge eat, you can 1) buy it and split it between 4 (you’ll still be full) or by a normal sized burger. You get more variety on your normal burgers such as Hawaiian and Reuben, as well as the option of chicken. They have good fries and good ice cream too. Once again, if you’re one a binge or have a lot of friends, get their Hungry Heifer (15 scoops). You can sometimes order yak meat too. Yak is drier than cow, but if you want something new… While the burgers aren’t the most greatest I’ve ever had – they’re main appeal is variety and quantity - even so they are still dang good burgers. I’d put them in Rexburg’s top 3 burgers if I had a formal list – I’d eat more often if it was closer, I’d just eat less. A must visit for anyone new to the area, and a good way to entertain guests. They almost made my top 10 except for some new contenders in town. Still highly recommended, most highly indeed.

2 comments:

  1. That cheeseburger looks soooo good. Where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the 4x4 from the In'N'Out in Orem, UT. It's on their secret menu though, so don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete