8.6.11

Craigo’s (The Pizza Pie Café)


On 2nd East, halfway to Wal-Mart

From what I understand, Craigo’s changed their name to Pizza Pie Café so that they could expand into Utah and they didn’t have rights to the Craigo’s name. Part of me feels like they sold out – they were our establishment (up yours Provo) but now they moved south into Draper, Logan, and *mumbling curses* Provo.  However, I will minimalize my purist bias for the sake of the general public. Craigo’s (As I insist on calling it) is every kid’s dream. A pizza buffet. Kids like pizza. Kids like a lot of pizza. Craigo’s gives them just that, plus salad and pasta. It’s not exactly cheap, but your 7ish dollars go far.
There are many flavors of pizza to choose from. You have your traditional pepperoni and Hawaiian, your not as traditional pepperoni and sausage, and then your nontraditional potato pizza and my personal (really everybody’s personal) favorite, the Buffalo Chicken pizza. The first time I had it, it tasted a bit like Orange chicken, and I was happy. Now that I know the name, it tastes like buffalo chicken, but I’m still happy. I have aggressively stood in line waiting for the buffalo chicken pizza to come out. It’s that good. Dang good in fact.
Their salad and pasta are also good. Especially the sauces used for the pasta. I like to mix their marinara with their spicy one, with just a smidge of alfredo sauce. The salad is salad – it’s there just so your pizza passes through with minimal discomfort. I won’t waste precious pizza talking space on salad.
The other thing that makes Craigo’s so unique is their dessert selection. They have almost as much variety of dessert pizza as they do real pizza. Oreo, brown sugar, and raspberry are my favorites. They also have apple and I believe a s’more, but that might be a bold face lie. It might have been another oreo.  They also have (at extra cost) the cookie monster. It’s a pizza size cookie, with ice cream, whip cream, and chocolate sauce on it as though it was a pizza, or a pie. Or a pizza pie… It’s good, and worth eating once, but I don’t normally go to the extra expense when I can eat Oreo pizza on the original $7. Always worth a visit. Just promise to never visit the Utah establishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment