21.5.11

Mandarin's Chinese

Just past Big 5 on N 2nd E

The most recent Chinese food establishment in Rexburg, it is very similar to Fongs, but a little more out of the way. True to form, I ordered my sweet and sour pork, which was good but unremarkable. What was much more intriguing was the Mandarin Chicken, which came out in large strips of lightly marinated meat. Normally I love my sauces, and this was a little skimpy, but it was actually very well balanced and excellent. I stole more of the Mandarin Chicken then I ate of my own pork. The orange chicken was also well done – you dip the fried chicken in the orange sauce, which was plentiful. Not my favorite orange chicken, but probably the best in Rexburg. The fried rice was a step above, and would have been perfect with a little more green onion, but overall gets a 9 out of 10 on my fried rice scale. The chow mien looked gross, much like the chow mien at Fongs but actually tastes fine. I would almost recommend it if their fried rice wasn’t such a cut above. However, since their fried rice is so excellent, don’t bother with the chow mien. You’ll be glad you listened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment