21.5.11

Teriyaki Express

At the old Hogi Yogi, across the street from the BYUIC

The Teriyaki Express originally started as a trailer parked at Horkely’s that had a 15 minute line whenever you showed up. Now that they’ve moved to the old Hogi Yogi, the lines seem shorter, since you can sit and wait in peace. Famous for their large portions, the house special is chicken thigh and white rice, with what I believe is a homemade teriyaki sauce (but don’t quote me on that). You can spring extra for chicken breast, beef, sometimes pork, or replace the rice with vegetables, but why mess with a classic? The lovely part is that for $6 you can feed two people or yourself…twice. They advertise two days worth of food for $6, and it’s totally worth it. On dates, as long as she doesn’t think you’re cheap it’s easy to share. You can order smaller, separate containers if you want to be less awkward. Their beef is a little dry – I much prefer their chicken, which is a rarity, but these guys do a good job. One day, all the construction will finish there, and the restaurant will look more conventional, but I admire that they keep feeding us during the remodeling. Seriously my mouth waters every time I walk by. This is on my top 10 for sure, and as such I insist you check it out during your time in the ‘Burg.

No comments:

Post a Comment