23.4.11

New York Burrito

Located on Main Street near the Plasma Center

I was skeptical of this place for my first year of school here. No one goes to New York for a Burrito. Los Angeles Burrito would have been my first stop – those are good burritos, but New York? That’s a pizza and hot dog town. However, I eventually learned that it specialized in wraps, which are sort of like burritos I guess. The first thing I noticed was that it smelled way good inside. That seemed promising. 

There is a large variety of wraps there, starting with the tortilla itself. While the typical white and wheat are there, they also have tomato, garlic, and spinach wraps, with a few others. There are a variety of fillings for anyone, regardless of how adventurous your tastes are. The most popular is teriyaki, but they have things as unique as Thai to as commonplace as chicken ceaser. The place has a similar function to Jimmy John’s Sandwiches – you select something from the menu, and they make it exactly as listed, although they will ask if there is anything you want removed. Then to round off the meal, keeping with the burrito theme, they give you corn chips and salsa.

I opted with the chicken ceaser, which wasn’t bad, but I was unimpressed. The balance wasn’t quite right – too much tortilla, not enough everything else. The chicken was a little bland, though the dressing was well made and the romaine lettuce was fresh and crisp. Perhaps the fault lies with me – I decided not to be adventurous, and as a result was bored. I recommend trying to be bold if you yourself go. The salsa itself was good, but chips and salsa with a wrap? That’s peculiar, but then again this is Rexburg. Overall, it’s a long running Rexburg establishment, and definitely worth a visit, but not really my plate of sandwich, if you get my drift.

1 comment:

  1. No, it wasn't just you... I just went there and was disgusted with the service. A tablespoon of meat hidden in a huge tortilla for $6.00? Not good.

    ReplyDelete