21.5.11

Fongs (Old Fongs)

Main Street

I ate here when I first came to Rexburg, and as such, I’m rather fond of it, mostly for nostalgic purposes. When I go to Chinese restaurants, I consistently order Sweet and Sour chicken or pork, and try to convince someone to order the orange chicken. Their sweet and sour is the best in the ‘Burg. Dripping in sauce (as it should be) it has a perfect flavor, and there is neither too much nor too little. What is left over easily mixes in with their fried rice. They also offer chow mien, but not your typical noodle laden chow mien. This is a mix of celery and other vegetables. To be honest, it looks uncomfortably gross. I had ordered it myself once because my date had, and while I had only seen it before, I didn’t want her to be alone in having it on her plate, so I got it too. Not one to turn down food I bought, I started to eat it, and it’s actually pretty good. I don’t have a single complaint about the taste, only the look. But I don’t buy food to look at it – if I did, there wouldn’t be any point in saving up for that Picasso I always wanted. So if you aren’t a fried rice fan, get the chow mien – it’s delicious, just don’t scrutinize it. I usually just order from the back of the menu, their lunch/dinner specials. There is actually a very large selection of meals, but it’s been my experience that the sauces are more or less the same, so I just have my regular and am perfectly satisfied with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment