24.6.11

Da Pineapple Grill

Located on by the roundabout and Colonial Apartments, next door to Alphagraphics

From the outside Da Pineapple Grill, hereby referred to as the Pineapple Grill, looks to be a fast food restaurant with a Hawaiian flare. From the inside, it’s actually a kind of cool sit down restaurant/sushi bar. The ambiance is relaxing, decorated with a kind of luau based theme. I just felt like chillin’. I can’t explain it, nor will I try. It was just cool, a’ight? Don’t judge.
The thing to do is show up from 12 to 2 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. That’s when you get the lunch specials. This is important, because the Pineapple Grill isn’t remotely cheap. the lunch specials are a little more so though. The pineapple chicken is highly recommended by some, but I went to try their sushi since it’s a sushi bar.
I selected a platter and then sat at the sushi bar while they made the food. You could watch them prepare everything. My favorite is the tuna nigiri, although the salmon nigiri is really good too. Nigiri is raw fish served with rice, pressed together. The Hawaiian Rolls (otherwise known as California Rolls) have crab, seaweed (more tasty than I thought), and avocado, with rice. And there was this delightful little pouch of rice and sesame seeds called inarizushi. I guess the pouch is made of fried tofu. But it’s fried so it’s okay. What I didn’t dig as much was the ginger and wasabi. Since ginger looks a little like raw fish I ate some, and it was awful. But that’s the ginger’s fault, not the establishment. The sushi was good, better than I thought it would, but in the end, price is a determining factor. If you want a classy date though (Prom?) (the college equivalent of Prom?) then this is a good spot to go. It’s bodacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment