8.6.11

Idamont Café

Located inside the Craze – near the Cocoa Bean

Hidden inside of the Craze Fun Zone is the cheapest eatery in Rexburg. I normally try to avoid writing about food served at an entertainment establishment (I don’t plan on reviewing the food at Fat Cats for example), but the Idamont is nearly unknown and has generated interest. A friend of mine once brought it up because she saw the entrance to the café (specifically labeled as the Idamont) and thought it was a delightful looking bohemian eatery nestled in the middle of everything. It’s nestled, but it really isn’t that Boho. That’s what the cool kids call Bohemian. Boho Rap is a great song by Queen, according to the cool kids. But I digress.

Everything on the menu is cheap – I want to say less than $5. It’s also the only place I know that has PB&J sandwiches on the menu. Also hot dogs. The most fun item on the menu is the Dam burger, or the even more ambitious Double Dam. My favorite item is their pizza. However, you get what you paid for. The food is basically freezer food thawed out and microwaved. They wanted to feed college kids on a college budget, so they are doing it with college food. It’s the same stuff I would make, though sometimes I don’t feel up to the effort and have an extra $3 laying around. Not often, but sometimes. I don’t fault the Idamont either – their existence is mostly because of the mini golf and laser tag (excellent winter dates), and the food is just a perk. It makes for a cheap date, especially if you already have an established relationship and she won’t leave you just because you’re “frugal”. Not a first date for sure (dinner wise at least – the mini golf is cool). You can really seem like a BYU-I insider when you eat at the Idamont. There are other restaurants for Rexburgers (citizens of Rexburg) only, but none of them will go to the Idamont – just the poor students. It’s worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment