24.6.11

5 Buck Pizza

On Main Street near Fongs and Porters Crafts

5 Buck pizza offers a variety of pizzas for five dollars. Unlike Little Caesar’s, which also offers five dollar pizzas, your variety at 5 Buck pizza is much larger. They have a long list of possible toppings, and the amount you can put on your pizza for five dollars is dependent on the size of the pizza. Smaller pizzas mean more toppings. If you want larger pizzas with more toppings, or gourmet pizzas, they have a variety of those as well, they just cost more. Of note is the Bigfoot, with its subsequent Bigfoot Challenge. While a normal large is 14 inches, the Bigfoot is 20 inches. The challenge is to eat the whole thing in an hour. You can even choose the toppings. I went with pepperoni. I’m a sucker for the classics. The hour started off strong – I ate half the pizza in 20 minutes (hint to future contenders – wait before you start until it cools off). I got two more slices down (there are eight) without a problem, and then all the sudden I began to lose. The last half hour was brutal. I soldiered on and ate another slice. I even got a couple of bites into the last piece – number 8. Then my time ran out. I was borderline comatose for the next four hours. I was greatly disappointed in myself, and felt the time had come to unofficially retire from professional amateur binge eating. On that day, June 10, 2011, in Rexburg, Idaho food won.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I agree with your sentiments for the most part and this is a good list. Now you ought to expand to the surrounding communities.
    Ole's in Sugar City, Chiz's and Krissi's Chicken in St. Anthony, and Rourkes (SP?) in Driggs are some great examples.
    And then there are some gems in Rigby, Ashton and of course in Idaho Falls.
    I'll check back frequently.

    - Nate Sunderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to do that, but alas I graduated and am no longer in Rexburg. I have had Chiz's, but to be honest, I never understood what all the hulaballo was about. Still check back here from time to time if you are curious what you feel like eating one night... or day if you like to eat daytime meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried their bigfoot pizza, but from what I have tried usually makes me sick the next day. I think the one gross experience I had when I went in there, there was a girl talking to an employee and asked which seat was it where the guy puked while taking the bigfoot challenge.

    Your article was pretty good other than your information is a little off. Little Caesars does offer other topping other than Pepperoni and Cheese. They have all the typical ones and they're all for five bucks too.

    ReplyDelete